W.I.P. and My New Toy!

Since my last post I have been doing very little but more ideas keep coming! To my ever growing list I have now added a Mei Tei to make so that I can carry Charlie. We do have a metal framed carrier but it is too big and heavy for me but Robert manages just fine and another reason for it is that Charlie hates his pram. So much so that when we try to put him in we have to tip it back slightly so he can't escape, not very safe. So I have been searching the net for different ways to make it. So far I haven't found one single pattern I like so I have been drawing my own plans from the inspiration of others. When it is completed I will definitely have a post about it. It will be first big project that I will be using my new toy for, my new sewing machine.



So far I have only been doing simple things to get acquainted with how it all works. I made Andrew a rice pillow for bedtime and a cover for it. That is my work in progress. I have started to embroider it to brighten it up. On one side he wanted some chicks because it is coming up to Easter and he has just come home from a farm trip with school and is still all talk about the animals. Orange Flower has a lovely chicks and Easter bunnies pattern that I used. For the back I took some inspiration from one of the boys t-shirts but I haven't started the other side yet.
Here is a beautiful present Robert came home with last night. I hasten to add he didn't buy me it, it was a gift from a person he works with. His brother grows them in the Netherlands. I have some from another time but the flowers have since died but the plants are still alive so it looks kinda dull, I think it takes up to 6 months for an orchid to re-flower so we will hang on yet!

2 comments:

MariecusBruyn said...

Hey, welcome crafty mama! I will come and see what's rolling out of your hands.
Maar ik las net dat jij je Nederlands wat moet oefenen, dus een beetje vlaams kan geen kwaad :)

Good luck! Veel Geluk!

Maymomvt said...

Welcome to blog world! My sewing machine was purchased by my grandmother, used, around 1964. What I would give for a new one!