In My Garden

In my little garden, okay it is more of a patio than a garden. At least the lack of grass would qualify it as a patio or yard. This doesn't stop me from trying to grow something to use in the kitchen. In the past few years we have grown peas and strawberries really well. So this year we have been growing tomatoes. We bought them as well established seedling and they were growing really well. My dear friend recommended cutting the lower leaves away and within the next week my good sized tomatoes plants turned into monsters! They have loads of flowers and even some little baby green tomatoes. I have 3 types of plants. A cherry, Italian and hybrid verity. My cherry has the most fruit.
We dont just have tomatoes either this year. We have already been enjoying the strawberries. C also has a special plant, a sunflower which he planted in school from seed. He is very proud of his sunflower which grows a little more each day.

On a sad note I do have a herb pot, which I love, and it had some beautiful lavender about to flower when my darling husband thought it needed cut back. Argh, so now my lovely lavender plant has no flowers. The lavender is on the far left looking rather small now. Also he cut the lovely purple flower that was on the sage plant. So I have learnt to keep the husband away from my herb pot!


No comments: