World Cup Fever

Something very strange has happened to my little family. Over the last week they have been watching more and more footbal taking a keen interest in who is doing the best. Now you have to understand that rugby and motor racing are the only sports normally watched in my little home so this sudden interest in football is rather unusual.

Over the weekend we were camping just across the border in the Nederlands and this coincided with a match Japan and Holland. The boys, big and small, loved every minute. Of course Holland won 1-0. Packing up to come home the boys were playing football with their freinds and all we could here were 4 boys all shouting "Hup Holland" (Go Holland!), even little C was at it in the car on the way home.

As I type this my lovely husband is watching the current match of Brasil and Ivory Coast with the score being 2-0 to Brasil. I suppose for the next few weeks I will have to be a footbal widow or I could join them. So on that note Hup, Hup Holland!!!

No comments: